A vegan take on Clam Chowder featuring Ocean’s Halo No Fish Broth (Shop now)!
- ¼ lb button mushrooms
- ¼ lb oyster mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled ½” dice
- 1 carrot, ½” dice
- 2 stalks celery, ½” dice
- ½ yellow onion, ½” dice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup dill, rough chopped
- 1 Quart Ocean’s Halo® No Fish Broth
- 1 cup lite Coconut Milk (or other non dairy milk)
- Chopped Parsley for Garnish
- Heat oven to 400F. Toss the mushrooms in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes until brown.
- Meanwhile, heat saucepan over medium high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil. Add potatoes, onions, carrot and celery. Cook 3-4 minutes and add the garlic, salt, old bay and thyme. Sautee 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add No Fish Broth and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk, dill and roasted mushrooms.
- Pour into serving dishes and garnish with parsley.