Try this delicious and savory Vegan Veggie Risotto recipe featuring our Veggie Broth, Miyoko’s Vegan Butter, and a whole lot of veggies! This is one of our favorite recipes. Make it to share or keep leftovers in the fridge for the week!
- 1 carton of Ocean’s Halo Veggie Broth
- 3 (or more!) tablespoons of Miyoko’s Vegan Butter
- 1 cup of Arborio Rice (recommended brand: Rice Select)
- 2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 1 onion
- 5-6 mini bell peppers
- 2 carrots
- Cilantro to-taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and Pepper to-taste
- Dice onion, peppers, carrots, and cilantro and mince garlic, keeping all veggies separate from one another.
- Measure out 1 cup of Arborio Rice
The following should be cooked in two separate pans, then combined together at the end. Try cooking simultaneously OR one after the other.
- Begin by heating a deep & round pan (a wok works well for this) to medium-low heat. Add Arborio Rice to the pan and toast for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not burn.
- Add 2 cups of Veggie Broth and 1 tablespoon of Miyoko’s Vegan Butter to the medium-low heat pan. Stir, then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Keep the pan covered when possible, and continue to stir and add broth as more and more broth is absorbed into the rice. Use the entire carton of Veggie Broth for this process. Cook until broth is absorbed and rice is tender (about 30-40 minutes in total).
- Stir in salt/pepper and 2 or more additional tablespoons of butter, until you get a creamy texture to the combination.
- Separately, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (or butter) in a large saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not burn.
- Next, add carrots, onions, and peppers to the garlic and oil. Mix together and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute for an additional 5 minutes or until each of the vegetables is tender.
Next, combine and mix veggies and rice.
Plate the Risotto and garnish with cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!