This is a delicious, sweet & tangy Salmon recipe. Enjoy outdoors on a sunny Summer day! Double (triple, etc.) the recipe to serve 2 (3, etc.).
- 5 tablespoons Ocean’s Halo Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 pound Salmon filet
- 2 heaping tablespoons Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (try this brand: “Let’s Do… Organic”)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Season salmon to taste with salt and pepper (don’t need too much salt!)
- Have Teriyaki Sauce and Coconut Flakes measured out into small bowls for later use
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to HOT oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat. Let heat for a few seconds.
- Add Salmon skin-side UP to the hot pan (you should hear it sizzle as you lay it down!). Sear 4 minutes OR until salmon is thoroughly browned on this side.
- Flip Salmon to skin side, drizzle 5 tablespoons of Ocean’s Halo Teriyaki Sauce on top of Salmon, then apply coconut flakes on top of Salmon too. Sear for another 4 minutes (or until Salmon skin is crispy).
- Remove pan from stove and insert into preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes OR until Salmon is cooked to your preference (hint: when you see the white fat draining out of the Salmon, it is done).
- Optional: To brown the coconut flakes, BROIL Salmon in oven for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute (keep an eye on it so that it does not burn!) OR until coconut flakes are browned.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. Serve and enjoy!