- 2 packs Ocean’s Halo Sea Salt Trayless Seaweed Snack
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp neutral cooking oil (avocado, sunflower, etc)
- 1 green onion, white and green parts separated
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (I used a frozen mix)
- 3.5 oz smoked tofu or extra firm pressed tofu
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce, for colour (optional)
- Drizzle sesame oil
- 1 pack Ocean’s Halo Wasabi Trayless Seaweed Snack, for topping
- Green onions, for garnish
- Crush the seaweed into smaller pieces.
- Heat a large wok of pan over medium heat.
- If using raw sesame seeds, toast this on the pan of wok until lightly toasted.
- Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Add the crushed seaweed and lightly toast. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan of wok, add more oil as needed. Sauté the white parts of the green onion. Add the garlic and diced bell pepper. Cook until aromatic and tender.
- Sauté the veggies and tofu. Season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the leftover rice. Season the rice with soy sauce and dark soy sauce (if using, to color). Mix well until the rice is coated.
- Allow the rice to cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high and break apart any large chunks.
- Add in the seaweed-sesame mix. Mix well and season to taste, if needed.
- Garnish with some green onions and more crushed seaweed, if desired. Serve while hot. Enjoy!
Watch how it was made by @thefoodietakesflight here: https://pin.it/h68654v