• 1/2 block extra firm tofu
• 1 package Ocean’s Halo Sushi Nori Sheets
1 tbsp neutral oil
• 1/4 cup tamari
• 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, finely grated
• 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• toasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
• 1 scallion, green tops thinly sliced, for garnish
• Start by patting dry your tofu block with a paper towel or a kitchen towel. Gently press to remove excess moisture and then slice into 1×2” size pieces.
• Using scissors, cut your seaweed into thin strips, just long enough to wrap around the tofu slices. Wrap each piece of tofu with a piece of seaweed.
• In a pan over medium heat, add neutral oil, and once hot, place the tofu into the pan. Let cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly golden brown, then flip and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
• Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and add it to the pan, making sure each piece of tofu is evenly covered. Let cook until the sauce reduces and is almost all absorbed by the tofu, flipping once halfway through.
Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions as desired. Enjoy as is or with rice.
Watch how it was made here: https://pin.it/3b01Npy