Serves 1-2 (5 rice paper dumplings)
- Ocean’s Halo Spring Roll Rice Wraps (1-2 per dumpling)
- Ocean’s Halo NoSoy Soy-free Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Shitake Mushrooms – 8oz
- Green onions – scallions
- 1/4 clove of ginger
- 1 large clove of garlic, or 2 small ones
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Ocean’s Halo Vegan Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Crunch Oil
- Prepare fillings:
- Dice mushrooms, red cabbage, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Combine fillings and saute in a pan until slightly cooked. Add in NoSoy Sauce and sesame oil for flavor. Do not overcook as this can cause too much moisture within the dumplings.
- Build your dumplings:
- Dunk rice paper in cold water for about 20 seconds to soften, make sure it is not dripping wet, you can use a cloth or paper towel to dry it a bit.
- Place about 1-2 tbsp filling in the middle of your rice wrap.
- Fold in side edges first, then fold the bottom edge up and over, then roll up to the top edge.
- You can add an additional layer of rice wrap if you want your wraps to be more sturdy.
- Frying your dumplings
- Add 1-2 tbsp oil to a shallow pan, heat up the pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place 2-3 dumplings in at once for about 3 minutes, then flip over for another 3 minutes.
- Combine Vegan Fish Sauce and Chili Oil and top with a few chopped green onions.
- Serve rice paper dumplings warm with dipping sauce!